Saturday, January 01, 2005

New Year

Ah, so much to write about the new year, and so much about 2004 to reflect upon. I was inspired by a great inventory and resolutions Diana sent me today. I think I'll work on my own inventory. Clarity helps so much.

Thanks and blessings that I'm in such a nurturing place to reflect and cultivate good energies for the new year. Been spending time with Deepak and Shobhana, my very lovely, sweet friends down here in Tamil Nadu. I arrived at Ettimadai /Amrita University the morning of new year's eve, and have been in a funk of adjustment since. The earthquake/tsunami disaster reality is still slowly sinking in, mixed in the overall context of life's lessons, and travel.

We spent new year's eve at the campus temple in a solemn, soulful ceremony, because we cannot party when so many are in tears, as was put by the Swami who lead the ceremony. We said good-bye to 2004, and its its sad, strange energy (US elections, the tsunami disaster capping it off in a powerfully ominous way) and welcomed 2005 in beautifully sung prayers, accompanied by music.

I have limited time, so I'll just say that for now, hopefully to pick it up later. I'm glad to see that folks back in the US are doing their part, taking action, being informed about relief efforts. Looks like there are a few orgs that are doing their part, like moveon.org. I've gotten quite a different perspective on these events (the tragedy, the new year, the state of the world) being here in Asia that I would love to share in time, because I think the spiritual is definitely missing from the information you're getting there. Will have to continue this reflection later.

There's much to reflect on, much to learn and process at the pace of life, and so please expect that I can't be as thorough online as I'd like to be. Plus, one of my goals this year is to try not to intellectualize as much, (for it's my tendency, like a dominant muscle I use for every problem, but shouldn't be the only muscle I use). Not to say that I won't be brainy still. But I would like to gain some clarity of mind and peace of mind through meditation and living life in the present as it is. Thus, off I go!

For now, much peace, strength, and especially love to you out there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home